Need stock ROM to fix the firmware on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X?
Please download the Flash file and read installation guides about how to flash Ota update.zip or .tgz via Fastboot / EDL “Emergency download mode. Hopefully this site can be useful for you Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X mobile users.
Table of contents
What is firmware? Firmware is a specific class of Linux computer software
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Firmware is a special class of computer software that has a role to control the hardware of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X cellphone, so if one part of the firmware has a problem, it will greatly affect your performanceXiaomi Redmi Note 4X and even your cellphone may experience Softbrick “The application always stops suddenly, Can’t boot to the home screen, recovery, just stuck on logo or Blinking red light” or Hardbrick “EMMC is weak, Problematic hardware”.
What is Stock rom? This is the official or original factory-installed firmware which hasn’t been modified at all by third party users. But not infrequently there are developers outside the official company who dare to modify it by making a custom rom in order to beautify the UI “user interface”, Alternative to Bypass / unlock FRP or a more user experience such as LineagoOS, MokeeOS, CyanogenMOD, AOSP, Flyme, Havoc,Resurrection RemiX or just Porting rom “EUI,ONE UI, Android ONE, GSI” from other devices with same chipset. Keep in mind that if you want to flash a custom rom, then the first thing you need to do is unlocking bootloader, Rooting, Installing TWRP recovery. Until there you can flash a custom rom, Xposed Installer and other.
What is Flash ROM? Flash rom is a universal flash programming utility that is used to detect, verify, delete, read or write firmware partition. There are two types, namely OTA Update or ROW images
- OTA Updates (Recovery, SDcard, USB upgrade) usually in the .zip archive there are the following files
- stock /System/… or system.dat
- stock boot.img
- stock recovery.img
- ROW images, usually in the .zip / .tar / .tgz archive there are the following files: Flash_all.bat, system.img, vendor.img, vbmeta.img, splash.img, cmnlib.mbn, hyp.mbn, tz.mbn , NON-HLOS.bin, patch0.xml, devcfg.mbn, gpt_main0.bin, lk.img, logo.img, prog_emmc_firehose .mbn, rawprogram0.xml (Qualcomm chipset), Android scatter file (MTK chipset)
Preparation before flashing
- Please pay attention before you do an update, downgrade, rollback or unbricking your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X, please charge your battery Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X at least 80%, this is to ensure that there will be no failure in transferring data files between the computer and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
- If possible, back up your mobile data to a computer or MiCloud especially your EFS NVram to prevent invalid IMEI from installing a new ROM.
- In order not to choose the wrong firmware to be downloaded, please follow how to find out the Codename of your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
– Download ADB driver than install on your Windows OS computer
– Download ADB Fastboot Tools than Extrack on your computer
– Turn off your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Xiaomi, then pressing simultaneously “Volume up + Power button” to open Fastboot mode
– Now, Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X to PC using a USB Cable
– Open Folder/ADB Fastboot Tools/… then press on keyboard “SHIFT key + RIGHT CLICK” select open command window (Windows OS 7) or search cmd.exe on your computer and then drag or copy to Folder/ADB Fastboot Tools/…, double click to open command window (Windows OS 7/8/10)
– type command fastboot devices ENTER
– type command fastboot getvar product ENTER
– If true the product code is “cancro_lte_cu”
– Continue reading until the end.
- important! This will make your cellphone totally dead if it is not done properly. Therefore, all actions that make your cellphone bricked, are your responsibility.
How to Flash Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X
How to flash can be divided into 4 depending on the type of file and case.
1] Flash ROM Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Via RECOVERY MODE “If your cellphone can still enter recovery mode, test by “Pressing the Volume down and Power button together” >> Read instruction here
2] Flash ROM Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Via FASTBOOT MODE Via ADB “If only stuck in the logo and cannot enter recovery mode, or cannot install OTA updates on recovery and you believe the damage is only on one system partition >> Read instruction here
3] Flash ROM Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Via FASTBOOT MODE Via MiFlash “If lost recovery and stuck on the logo, and can still enter fastboot mode “Test by pressing the Volume up and power buttons simultaneously” >> Read instruction here
4] Flash ROM Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Via MIFLASH and Other Flashtools “If lost recovery and stuck on the logo, and can still enter fastboot mode “If the screen is black, unable to enter recovery or fastboot, it is indicated by a blink light when charging” also for test point via Emergency mode EDL >> Read instruction here or Watch Video tutorial >>>> Here
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Firmware For Fastboot / EDL
OS: Anrdroid 7.0 Nougat
File name: mido_images_7.8.17_20170817.0000.00_7.0_cn_3661d41d81.tgz”>mido_images_7.8.17_20170817.0000.00_7.0_cn_3661d41d81.tgz
OS: Anrdroid 6.0.1 Marshmallow
File name: mido_images_V220.127.116.11.MCFCNED_20170719.0000.00_6.0_cn_a8199c9d59.tgz
OS: Anrdroid 7.0 Nougat
File name: mido_global_images_7.8.10_20170810.0000.00_7.0_global_239182c21e.tgz
OS: Anrdroid 7.0 Nougat
File name: mido_global_images_V18.104.22.168.NCFMIED_20170803.0000.00_7.0_global_2e7abda7f6.tgz