Need stock ROM to fix the firmware on your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE with model number SGP551?
Please download the Flash file and read installation guides about how to flash Ota update.zip or .ftf via sony flashtool Hopefully this site can be useful for you Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE mobile users.
Table of contents
What is firmware? Firmware is a specific class of Linux computer software
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE Firmware is a special class of computer software that has a role to control the hardware of the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE smartphone, so if one part of the firmware has a problem, it will greatly affect your performanceSony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE and even your cellphone may experience Softbrick “The application always stops suddenly, Can’t boot to the home screen, recovery, just stuck on logo or Blinking red light” or Hardbrick “EMMC is weak, Problematic hardware”.
What is Stock rom? This is the official or original factory-installed firmware which hasn’t been modified at all by third party users. But not infrequently there are developers outside the official company who dare to modify it by making a custom rom in order to beAU KDDItify the UI “user interface”, Alternative to Bypass / unlock FRP or a more user experience such as LineagoOS, MokeeOS, CyanogenMOD, AOSP, Flyme, Havoc,Resurrection RemiX or just Porting rom “EUI,ONE UI, Android ONE, GSI” from other devices with same chipset. Keep in mind that if you want to flash a custom rom, then the first thing you need to do is unlocking bootloader, Rooting, Installing TWRP recovery. Until there you can flash a custom rom, Xposed Installer and other.
What is Flash ROM? Flash rom is a universal flash programming utility that is used to detect, verify, delete, read or write firmware partition. There are two types, namely OTA Update or FTF file
- OTA Updates (Recovery, SDcard, USB upgrade) usually in the .zip archive from official update to fix some problem , all of upgrading such us from Android 9.0 Pie to 10 Q, there are the following files
- stock /System/… or system.dat
- stock boot.img
- stock recovery.img
- FTF file is a system.sin or .img partition firmware in an archive with the extension .ftf which is used to update / downgrade firmware via Sony Flashtool, but most user use it to fix smartphone problems like Softbrick, bootloops, unrooting, hardreset, hang on logo, Bypass or unlock FRP, or change from Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE Japan rom to global rom, not for hardbrick or MMC is broken,
Preparation before flashing
- Please pay attention before you do an update, downgrade, rollback or unbricking your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE , please charge your battery Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE at least 60%, this is to ensure that there will be no failure in transferring data files between the computer and Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE
- If possible, back up your mobile data to a computer especially your EFS NVram to prevent invalid IMEI from installing a new ROM.
- Make sure your Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE model is SGP551 , Can be seen in the section /Setting/about phone, SIM card holder, behind the battery or Box
- important! Flashing through the flashtool will cAU KDDIse Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE of you to hardbrick will cAU KDDIse Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE of you to hardbrick or total dead, Please don’t do it if you don’t understand any basics about installing Android firmware unless you are a phone technician
- Error downloading files, or flashing is your personal responsibility, so please be careful, orirom will not be responsible for all, this just for educational purpose only.
How to Flash Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE
How to flash can be divided into 2 depending on the type of file and case.
1] Flash Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE SGP551 OTA update stock rom via FOTA app, Stock or TWRP recovery mode “If your Smartphone can still enter recovery mode, test by “Pressing the Volume down and Power button together” >> Read instruction here
2] Flash Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE SGP551 .FTF stock rom via Sony flashtool by Androxyde “If lost recovery and stuck on the logo, and can still enter fastboot mode or DIAG mode only “If the screen is black, unable to enter recovery or fastboot, it is indicated by a blink light when charging” >> Read instruction here
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 4G LTE SGP551 Stock rom / Firmware
|Device name||Country||Model||Android OS||Network||Firmware version||Download link|
|Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet||Global||SGP551||6.0.1 Marshmallow||4G LTE||23.5.A.1.291 .ftf Firmware file||Download|
|Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet||Brazil||SGP551||6.0.1 Marshmallow||4G LTE||23.5.A.1.291 .ftf Firmware file||Download|
|Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet||Global / Brazil||SGP551||6.0.1 Marshmallow||4G LTE||23.5.A.1.291 .ftf Remove lock file||Download|